10 Ways to Be the Worst CVS Shopper Ever

1. Be impatient and condescending to the cashier. Make it clear that you know more about CVS corporate policies than they do.
  2. Carry 7 different CVS ExtraCare Cards and max out every one on the monthly deals.
  3. Be sure to do multiple transactions (at least 4) without letting those in line behind you check out in between.
  4. Grab the last 10 bottles of free shampoo before someone else gets them.
  5. Use and stack multiples of every CVS coupon you can get your hands on, even if they are unauthorized internet coupons.
  6. If a cashier rejects your coupon, be sure to make a big stink including rolling of the eyes and stomping of the feet.
  7. When a CVS newbie is attempting to check out ahead of you while fumbling with coupons, tap your foot impatiently and sigh…loudly.
  8. Complain endlessly to management that the deals just “aren’t as good as they used to be“, right after you buy 3 tubes of free toothpaste.
  9. If your OOP is more than $5.00, go home and complain to all your buddies that CVS is too stingy with $/$$ coupons.
  10. Hoard all of your CVS loot in your biggest closet, and sell it all once a year at a garage sale for a big profit.

Follow these 10 easy steps and ruin CVS for the rest of us!

• Email this Post
About Alyssa Francis

A thirty-something wife and mother of four! Two daughters by birth, one son by marriage, and a sweet baby boy born in April of 2009. Oldest sister of four girls raised by a single mom. California native. Grew up in Hawaii. Somehow ended up in North Texas. Once a single mom. Former agnostic. A survivor of abuse and addiction. Forgiven by a great big God. Married to my best friend.

Comments

1. Melissa Tresler says:

Hahaha…this was so funny, but so true! I love it! I think I will have to link to this post on my blog, ok now I am gonna go check out the blog that inspired this post! ;)

2. Well, I have to say, I love it. lol

3. That made me laugh out loud!

4. tag your it! I love this post I have seen this person before lol!

5. Kristie says:

The cashiers at my store love me because I am so nice they say. I wasn’t sure what they were used to dealing with, now I think I know.

This was really funny.

And thanks for hosting my EC.

Kristie

6. Thanks for writing this. I was just telling my husband that there is a fine line between stocking up and being greedy.

7. LMAO, i don’t do the CVS thing but I want to. Now i’m just scared lol.

8. Amen!

9. Nancy M. says:

This is so funny! But also true.

10. Frugal, Freebies and Deals says:

This was too funny- I was just talking to my mom the other day about some pretty naughty things I have read that people do at CVS- lighten up people- it’s free stuff!!

11. Petula Wright says:

That was funny! :-)

12. One Savin Chick says:

Thank you for writing this. I love the one about having a garage sale. The only other thing is they post the pictures then and brag about it with no shame. They should be giving the stuff away for free like the rest of us or leaving on the shelf for someone else who might really need. Ok, let me step off my soapbox now. Thanks again!

13. I love this! It is so true!!

14. Lisa@BlessedwithGrace says:

This was so funny to read. I am a newbie CVS shopper. I am trying to learn the CVS Game. I am in awe of you ladies who do it so well. I am just starting the process, so if you see me checking out before you, please…. HELP. Anyway, thanks again for the post. It made me laugh. Found you through the Mom Blog Ad Exchange. Hey, I guess the buttons really do work.

15. Alli ~Mrs. Fussypants says:

Bwahahahaha!

16. Good one!! I don’t know how people could keep track of so many CVS cards unless they have no life outside of CVS. LOL!

17. SophiaOnFire (Green and Cheap) says:

So true! I went to CVS early Sunday afternoon to pick up one of the on-sale Dove deodorants, and they were ALL GONE – except for one with a broken covering, lying there all dejected. I can’t believe someone(s) cleaned out SEVEN rows of deodorant in the first half of the first day of the sale! I don’t know how that can happen without some folks being greedy. Too bad.

18. "Deal"icious Mom says:

This made me laugh so hard. I wrote about it on my blog and link back to it. I also put you on my blog roll. It is hilarious and true. Thanks.

Trackbacks

1. [...] In case you missed it, read my 10 Ways to Be the Worst CVS Shopper Ever. [...]

2. [...] 10 Ways to Be the Worst CVS Shopper Ever was wildly [...]