Even the smallest changes in our lifestyles can make a difference! As a Christian, I feel it is especially important to be a good steward of our God-given resources.
In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. Genesis 1:1
This month, in conjunction with my role in the Walmart Elevenmoms, I had the opportunity to sample a handful of the “green products” Walmart carries in my home.
I am truly impressed by Walmart’s recent efforts in the sustainability department. They have really ramped up their selection of organic and eco-friendly products. Walmart is also our nation’s largest purchaser of locally grown produce, who knew?
Beyond that, the stores themselves have been updated with energy saving features, like skylights and LED lighting in the freezers, to name a few. You can read more about Walmart’s sustainability practices here.
I am thrilled to be able to offer a fabulous prize package of the green products I sampled to one lucky reader! But first, allow me to tell you a little about each item:
- Brita Water Pitcher- A wonderful alternative to buying bottled water. Saves money, and plastic!
- Tide Coldwater Laundry Detergent (not pictured)- I was pleasantly surprised to find this really got my clothes clean. Although I am not brave enough to try it on whites, it was quite effective on darker clothing.
- Clorox GreenWorks Cleaning Products- This new line of eco-friendly products was actually a Walmart driven initiative. Walmart likes to challenge its vendors to be more sustainable! The result was a very effective, less expensive “green” line of cleaners that really work. No harsh scents or chemicals!
- White Cloud “Green Earth” Paper Products- Made from 100% recycled fibers, the paper towels are just as effective as the regular ones. And the toilet paper? NOT scratchy!
- Bissel Little Green Deep Cleaner- This is by far my favorite of the bunch. I kid you not, within 24 hours of receiving this cute little steamer, our dog gave us the perfect opportunity to try it. And it worked, quite well! The carpet was soft after a thorough cleaning, not crunchy, and there was no harsh smell. We used it again the other night in fact, after one of my kiddos got sick on the carpet.
In honor of Earth Month, I am offering this ENTIRE prize pack from Walmart, Bissell, White Cloud, Tide, Clorox Greenworks, and Brita (valued at approximately $150) to one of my amazing readers!
For a chance to win:
1. Leave a comment below telling me one way your family has committed to going green in your household (initial entry).
For Bonus Entries:
3. For a third entry, add Keeping the Kingdom First to your blogroll or add my badge to your sidebar. Leave a separate comment with a link to your site.
Because this is such an awesome prize, this contest will close on Thursday, April 30th, at 10pm CST. The winner will be selected by random.org and contacted via email. Contest open to US residents only.
Good luck, and thank you for entering!