A few years ago, my family’s finances were in such disarray that giving even a small amount seemed like an impossible stretch. Thankfully we made it through that difficult time with a lot of discipline and God’s grace, but that is a whole other post.
Perhaps you are finding it tough right now to be generous in this precarious economy. With a little creativity, determination and perhaps a mouse, you can find ways to give that will cost you nothing but your time.
Here are 5 FREE ways you can start giving today:
1. Give Blood. In times of crisis, it is an important reminder of the need to give blood. If you are eligible to give blood or have questions about donating, you can call 1-800-GIVE-LIFE (800-448-3543) or visit givelife.org.
2. Visit “click to donate” websites. Here are a few I recommend:
- Free Rice (Play the trivia game)
- The Animal Rescue Site
- The Breast Cancer Site
- The Hunger Site
- Welch’s Harvest of Help
3. Be a coupon fairy. While you are out shopping, leave an extra coupon or 2 on the shelf near the corresponding item. It is always a blessing to find an unexpected coupon for something you were going to buy anyway!
5. Join Freecycle. Freecycle is a worldwide gifting movement that reduces waste, saves precious resources & eases the burden on our landfills. Post items you no longer need on the forums, and watch your clutter shrink while blessing another- no strings attached!
What other tangible ways do you give that don’t cost you a dime? I would love more ideas to inspire those participating in The 30-Day Giving Challenge.
For more frugal ways, visit Life as MOM.