One of the questions I see most frequently from my readers is this:
How do I do multiple transactions at CVS with ECBs?
This subject definitely confused me as a newbie. I hope I can shed some light on it!
I typically post my weekly $5 Challenge scenarios with 2 or 3 transactions. So what would this look like? Would I do them all at once?
The answer really depends on your situation. The fact is, there is nothing wrong with using your ExtraCare Bucks or Register Rewards from one item to pay for another… even right away!
Some cashiers do not mind breaking up your purchases into multiple transactions. But of course, there will always be those that may give you a hard time.
A few tips I have learned along the way:
- Be friendly and courteous to the cashier.
- Ask when you approach the counter if they mind doing more than one.
- If there is a line, do one transaction, then go to the back of the line for the next, and so forth.
- Never do more than 3 transactions in one visit.
- Always use legitimate coupons.